The purpose of this website is to help you discover what might nourish you to your full potential. At Habits of Wellness we focus on living habits, not just trying to make healthy, wellness choices.
What Nourishes You?
- Healthy Pregnancy – Pregnancy is a time of challenge and change. Is it time for you to work with a health coach on the challenge and changes of pregnancy? When was the last time you spent energy on your well-being? Find out how Katia, a midwife with twenty-five years of experience, can assist you as a health coach during this amazing time.
- Healthy Eating – Nutrition is a vast subject. At Habits of Wellness we look at Healthy Eating based on what works for you as an individual. Everyone is different, and what works for one will not work for another. Finding the foods that nourish you and keep you healthy is a journey. Explore healthy natural cooking, eating natural foods, whole foods, diet theories, and ways to improve your health through changes in what you eat.
- Healthy Weight Management – Getting to a healthy weight is paramount in a journey to better health. Katia provides support and guidance for weight loss, strategies for permanent weight loss and healthy weight management. Most important, she has been there and continues her path to better health and is ready to accompany you on your path.
- Healthy Sleep and Rest – Sleep is one of the most challenging areas of our modern life. No matter how we try to short change it, we have to find time to sleep. Join us in discovering your patterns and the right proportion of downtime, rest and dream time.
- Healthy Relationships – Relationships with family, friends, and nurturing a home life reflect on our health and life. Explore ways to enhance these relationships to improve your health and well-being.
- Healthy Movement and Activity – At Habits of Wellness we avoid the “E word”, better known as “exercise”, which implies some work and often more effort than we want to expend. Join us in exploring fun ways to increase the movement in our lives. The focus for movement is keeping it fun!
- Healthy Well-Being and Happiness – Ultimately, The Habits of Wellness are to facilitate our way to happy life. Join us in this section to address how we can incorporate Positive Psychology into our lives and explore ways to reduce or redefine stress in our lives.
- Healthy Spiritual Practice – A topic that many will shy away from, but nonetheless is an important aspect of a healthy life. An interfaith approach to prayer, meditation and faith will be explored.
- Healthy Creativity – Personal development is explored through the lens of creativity including the amazing worlds of writing, journal-writing, painting, music, cooking, arts and crafts.
- Healthy Work – Habits of Wellness takes a look at what is work, the importance of working at what you love and loving your work; workspace health, and discovering “right livelihood”.
- Healthy Healing – In this section, Habits of Wellness explores natural healing modalities and alternative health providers. As a midwife, Katia has had to discover ways to help pregnant women outside the Western Medical Model. She brings that expertise to you now as a health coach. Join us in a discussion of what it possible!